Thursday, April 13, 2017

Why You Should Attend BlogPaws

Brulee and Truffle - Conference Registration Infographic
Brulee and Truffle remind everyone to register for the BlogPaws Conference in Myrtle Beach, SC


Little did we know nine years ago...

Nine years ago, I began a blog for Sweet Praline to tap into my creative side to escape from the stress of my state government job and to journal about the daily life of my precious cat. My blog was very basic with little knowledge of photography, blog design, Google Analytics, SEO, FTC, working with brands, and networking with other bloggers.  We had a small community of cat bloggers in the Cat Blogosphere who celebrated successes and stories of our cats and sympathized with each other when our fur children who left for the bridge. After losing Sweet Praline in 2011, I chose to begin a new blog and Sweet Purrfections was born. Our group of cat bloggers began to expand and we had a private group on Facebook.  I began hearing about BlogPaws and wondered what this organization was about. I joined the BlogPaws Network in 2013 and blogging changed forever for the girls and me.  I was able to attend my first BlogPaws Conference in 2015 in Nashville, TN.  
Mom Paula in a BlogPaws Session in 2015
Attending a session at BlogPaws 2015

One would probably think they have to have a blog or blog about animals in order to benefit from attending a BlogPaws Conference.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  The BlogPaws Conference is for anyone who wants to know about blogging and social media. BlogPaws is open to pet bloggers, lifestyle bloggers, micro bloggers, influencers, and anyone interested in the world of pets and social media.  There are sessions on legal issues, understanding the analytics of your blog, working with brands, photography and videography, and many other sessions.  Check out the agenda for all of the sessions, workshops, speakers, and events.  I've learned so much from attending the BlogPaws Conferences and there is so much more to learn.  
Ruth Carter, Esq., BlogPaws 2016
Ruth Carter, Esq. in a BlogPaws 2016 Workshop on Legalities of Blogging

What is included in your registration for BlogPaws?  Admission to sessions and workshops, the exhibit hall, and meals.  BlogPaws has provided meals or food on Wednesday evening; Thursday evening; Friday breakfast and lunch; and Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I found sitting with people you don't know provide an excellent opportunity to meet new people and to network with experts and brands.  


Once again, the Cat Writers Association (CWA) is holding 23nd Annual CWA Conference & Awards Banquet at the BlogPaws Conference.  Anyone attending the BlogPaws conference can attend the sessions and workshops offered by CWA.


Mom Paula, Lisa Richman (A Tonk's Tale), and Sue Doute (The Island Cats) at the CWA Awards Banquet 2016

Another positive outcome of attending the BlogPaws Conference is the face-to face interaction with Brands.  Make sure you have business cards to exchange with representatives and make notes on the card of specifics you discussed to assist with follow-up later.  The Brands are excited about meeting influencers who can represent their products well.  Last year, I even tasted one of the cat food products (there's a video out there for evidence).


Mom Paula tasting the Weruva cat food
Mom Paula tasting one of the chicken flavored cat foods from Weruva at BlogPaws 2016


The conference will be held in Myrtle Beach, SC from May 18-20, 2017.  The Conference location is at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel and you can book your room here.  You'll want to book your room quickly before they are sold out at the conference rate ($142 per night with applicable taxes, which includes free wifi). Make sure you register quickly before the conference is sold out.  


Graphic courtesy BlogPaws

I encourage you to visit to multiple BlogPaws social media outlets to keep up-to-date with announcements for the BlogPaws Conference. There is an excellent blog post on the BlogPaws webpage about everything you'd want to know about the conference.  You can also follow BlogPaws on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. BlogPaws has set up a special Conference 2017 page on Facebook where regular announcements are shared.




I grew up going to Myrtle Beach several times a year and look forward to welcoming each of you to our beautiful state.  As an attendee-focused BlogPaws Ambassador, I'm excited to greet each of you with a smile on my face, Southern hospitality, and assistance where needed.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogPaws. The opinions and text are all mine.

27 comments:

  1. One of these days, my human and I will be out your way! I wish it were this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at blogpaws. Can you believe the woman thinks a wedding is more important?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! mom is pretty excited to see all her cat lady friends and maybe learn a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy can't wait! She's already packing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan on being there! It will be my first BlogPaws, and I can't wait. Have never been to Myrtle Beach, so I'm looking forward to that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be the mom's 5th BlogPaws. She really enjoys going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will be a GREAT ambassador Paula. Have a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See you there and this will be the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad to be missing out but it's a long way to travel for us especially the pup. Hoping to go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like an amazing event, but I'm afraid it's impossible. Next year perhaps? Who knows where I'll be!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more I hear about Blogpaws, the more excited I am to go someday. Sounds like a great opportunity to learn and grow as a blogger. as well as make great connections. Hopefully next year. Have a great time at the conference this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great even to attend. I have never made it so far but I'd love to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so looking forward to Blogpaws! It is coming up fast! Will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your post about the blog paws conference. As a newbie blogger your points really resonated with me. I'm unable to attend this year due to work commitments however look forward to next year. Look forward to hearing how everything goes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be there. Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting people in person I've interacted with online

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun at the convention but unfortunately there are circumstances which prevent people from going and that is what keeps them away. I in the past have been to conventions and learned a lot but cannot allow myself that luxury at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great journey! 9 years, that's really amazing. I'm so glad that I met you and the kitties this year. Your articles are very fun and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to share your post - how you describe your journey is so encouraging, and we LOVE Truffle and Brulee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on this post, my first BlogPaws conference changed everything for me too! I didn't know you were a Myrtle Beach aficionado, I'll have to ask you lots of questions about it! So glad to be an attendee focused Ambassador along with you!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job on this post, my first BlogPaws conference changed everything for me too! I didn't know you were a Myrtle Beach aficionado, I'll have to ask you lots of questions about it! So glad to be an attendee focused Ambassador along with you!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  22. BlogPaws is always so much fun! My first one was Nashville as well :) Looking forward to seeing you again in Myrtle Beach in just a few weeks!
    P.S. You make an awesome ambassador! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great post, Nashville was my 1st conference too. I learn so much each time I go and the networking is PAWsome as well. We will keep an eye out for you and be sure to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am attending my first BlogPaws conference this year and I'm so excited! I am looking forward to meeting so many people, interacting with brands, and learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great post that I hope will help convince someone to attend if they're still on the fence! I'm pretty sure I took that photo of you eating the Weruva cat food and I may or may not have a video of you eating it on my phone still, muahahahaa.

    You're so right, networking and education is a huge resource that this conference provides. For an organization that doesn't have a membership fee to join, you get an awful lot for attendance for a reasonable fee! I've gone to professional association conferences for other industries and have been lucky to get a stale pastry for a meal with a rate that is MUCH higher than what folks pay to attend BlogPaws!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait for the BlogPaws Conference in Myrtle Beach! It is going to be both fun and a great learning experience. I love meeting everyone in person and networking with the brands. There is so much to see and do! Of course, I look forward to hanging out with you when I'm there too. :)
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely LOVE hearing people's origin stories and how their blogs started. I love even more seeing how they've grown and changed. It's so amazing! I can't wait to see you in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!